Dr. James Parker's Board Certifications
Dr. Parker is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
When picking your physician, make sure you look for the ASPS logo. If you can’t find it, there’s a good chance your doctor isn’t a plastic surgeon.
It’s not uncommon these days to see physicians other than plastic surgeons performing procedures like breast augmentation. Unfortunately, these doctors do not have the surgical training that a plastic surgeon does. Even if their website says they are ‘board certified’ it may not be in plastic surgery. How can you tell if a physician is really a plastic surgeon? Look for this logo. This logo means that the doctor is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and when you choose an ASPS Member Surgeon, you know your surgeon has met the following criteria:
- Has had at least 6 years of training and experience in surgery, with at least 2 years specifically in plastic surgery
- Is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics
- Fulfills continuing education requirements, including patient safety techniques
Dr. Parker is on active staff at both Athens Regional Medical Center and St. Mary’s Hospital. He has served on the Executive Committee and Peer Review Committees at both hospitals. He has also served as President of the American Cancer Society, Athens Chapter. Dr. Parker is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is an active member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons .