Is Liposuction for You?
If you’re considering liposuction, you’ve probably already tried dieting and exercise, but you’re still bothered by some aspect of your shape. Liposuction is an outpatient surgery performed to produce a permanent improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated areas – most commonly the abdomen, hips and thighs.
Here are some tips that can help you determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction.
- will have disproportionate areas of fat on his or her body.
- will have localized pockets of fat deposits.
- would like more definition or a sleeker contour.
- will have good skin elasticity.
- are looking to tighten their skin.
- have “stretched” skin.
- are looking for a replacement for diet and exercise.
- have had unstable weight over the past year.
Of course, the best way to find out if liposuction is the best option for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to talk with you about your lifestyle, your goals for surgery and the procedure or combination of procedures that will give you the best result.